Call for Papers
BREW workshops are by invitation only. BREW 03 participants are the following PhD programs in bioinformatics:
- COMBI - Program, University Helsinki (E. Ukkonen)
- EBI PhD Program, European Bioinformatics Institute (A. Brazma)
- PhD Program, University Bergen (I. Jonassen)
- PhD Program, University Uppsala (S. Andersson)
- International Graduate School, University Bielefeld (R. Giegerich, K. Prank)
Every PhD. student of the participating programs may prepare a paper about his/ her PhD. work. After reviewing the paper it is decided whether he/she will give a talk or present a poster at the workshop.
- Deadline for paper submission 20. March 2003
- Notification about reviews 4. April 2003
- Deadline for final paper version 17. April 2003
- 28. - 30. April BREW Workshop, Bielefeld, Germany
The paper should be 3 - 5 pages containing a brief description of your work. The papers should be written in English and should be well structured. Paper submissions will be collected within the graduate programs at each site, and then sent to our local workshop program coordinator Petra Haenel
Paper submission has been closed !
Mode of Reviewing
Peer reviewing will be done by the participants in a round robin
fashion. Papers will be distributed for review by the organizers,
together with a review form and further instructions.
The following points should be taken into account when reviewing each
- orginality of the topic
- connectivity to our group (interest to hear the talk)
- type of work (z.B.: comparison, math, ...)
The first three of these can be handled by assigning marks from
1(best) to 4(worst). Please add to this review a short comment
containing suggestions for improvements of the paper.
Last modified: Mon Mar 24 13:58:25 MET 2003