Forschungsschwerpunkt Mathematische Modellierung (FSPM2)
The Research Centre for Mathematical Modelling (RCM2) is an inter-departmental institution of Bielefeld University which provides a common platform for applications of mathematics to the sciences. The activities include both research and training in mathematical modelling and in mathematical solution techniques.
Within the centre, a large number of interdisciplinary cooperations have been established that have led to joint publications, organisation of workshops across disciplines, and to jointly guided PhD Projects.
The current main focus of the centre is on research projects in Theoretical Biosciences, Mathematical Materials Science and Dynamics of Financial Markets.
- Algorithmik und Bioinformatik - Prof. Dr. Markus Nebel
- Biomathematik und Theoretische Bioinformatik - Prof. Dr. Ellen Baake
- Computergrafik und Geometrieverarbeitung - Prof. Dr. Mario Botsch
- Genominformatik - Prof. Dr. Jens Stoye
- Maschinelles Lernen - Prof. Dr. Barbara Hammer