General Remarks about Bachelor Studies
General Remarks about Bachelor Studies
- Module handbook of the Faculty of Technology (Study Structure 2002,in German)
- Module search for all modules of the university (Study Structure 2011, in German)
- Offers for Bachelor's thesis (TechFak wiki)
- Self-Assessment (in German)
- Regulations of studies and examinations for Bachelor studies at Bielefeld University (31.03.2009, in German)
- Regulations for the discontinuation of the Bachelor programs Study Structure 2002 from 01.06.2011 and further information from the university (in German)
- Regulations of examinations and studies for Bachelor studies (BPO) at Bielefeld University (01.09.2015, in German)
- Subject-specific regulations (in German): NWI, MBT, BIG, KOI, MIG, Informatics as a Minor Subject
- Subject-specific regulations Study structure 2011 (in German): see pages of the study programs
- Regulation for determining the artistic and creative ability for the Bachelor study program MIG (02.06.2009, in German)
- Bachelor FAQ of the Faculty of Technology (German only)
- Students of the department (in German)
- General information concerning Bachelor/Master studies at Bielefeld University (in German)
- General information about the new academic programm from WS 2011/2012 (in German) and for the record of achievements (in German)
- General information about the Bachelor/Master examination regulations at Bielefeld University (in German)
FAQ about Examination Regulations
- No notification of oral exams has to be handed in at the examination office. Examination dates are appointed directly with the respective examiner.
For lecturers: Prior to the exam, it has to be clarified whether the result should be graded or not (independent from the achieved result but only if the respective module specification allow this). For each oral exam (duration of 15 - 25 minutes) a protocol form has to be kept and handed in immediately at the examination office. Submission of protocols replaces the list of results. Please note the course details on the protocol. Exceptions are final modul exams (over more than two courses of one or two semesters).
- An overview of the performed studies and examinations for Bachelor students is given by the electronic course catalogue (eKVV) of Bielefeld University. For ERASMUS students an academic record can be obtained from the examination office of the respective faculty.
- A transcript of records sealed by the examination office of the Faculty of Technology can be issued at all times as a confirmation of the credits obtained so far. To get a transcript of records with preliminary grade the application for issuing an intermediate transcript has to be submitted. The application has to be generated with the eKVV Prüfungsverwaltung.
A translation of the transcript of records (English) have to be prepared by the students and will be certified by the examination office. For the translation this file can be used. The BAföG certificate that is due by the end of the 4th semester, is issued at the examination office. You find the requirements for a positive certificate here.
For lecturers: The results of a course are submitted to the examination office via a list of results. Therein the individual performance of each participating student is listed, including their matriculation number. Lists of results are submitted via the upload function of the eKVV.
- It is necessary to apply for the recognition of program achievments and placement into a semester. Further information and the necessary forms and contact persons you can find here (in German). The application und the attachment ot the application have to be submitted electronically and in hard copy to the examination office.
- The registration of a Bachelor thesis is done via a registration form (in German). The adherence of the time limit is overseen by the examination office. In case a thesis is not submitted in time, the grade "nicht ausreichend" (not sufficient) is awarded. On the cover page of the Bachelor thesis the respective degree programme and the Faculty of Technolgy are to be mentioned. The logo of the university is on legal grounds not allowed to print on the cover page. Further information here (in German).
For lecturers: The bachelor thesis has to be reviewed within six weeks. For this purpose a written report has to be submitted at the examination office within the prescribed period. (Download form informatics, in German, download form biotechnology, in German)
- Specially for the extending of the filing period of the bachelor thesis because of illness the form for the proof of the incapability can be used.
- According to the Regulation of studies and examination for Bachelor studies at Bielefeld University, the Bachelor certificate holds the date of application for issuing the Bachelor certificate. This application for issuing the Bachelor certificate (in German) is provided in the eKVV Examination System and is to be handed in at the examination office. After applying for the certificate, no alterations concerning attribution of modules or improvement of grades is possible any more.